The business commenced operations in 1945 when the founders, Harry Lawson and his wife Dora started a local carrier service between Dundee and Carnoustie. Their son (Harry also), joined the company in 1961, at which time the fleet size had increased to 12 vehicles.
The business moved to its current premises on Balunie Drive in 1974 after outgrowing the previous premises on St Vincent Street and King Street and this association with Broughty Ferry continues to be one that is promoted proudly with it taking centre stage on all of our widely recognisable two tone green liveried vehicles.
In 1977 Harry became Managing Director with ‘Old’ Harry retiring in 1981. In the early 80’s as general haulage became more difficult the business began to focus more on niche markets with road tankers becoming a primary focus which is a focus that is continued to this day. Now in its 3rd generation with Michael joining in 2004, the business operates one of the largest tanker fleets throughout the UK and coupled with the general haulage division we continue to serve our extensive customer base.
Our current fleet consists of 70 vehicles and in excess of 150 trailers and we pride ourselves not only with the size of the fleet but the condition and image that we portray at all times. Our customers expect quality and through the contribution and teamwork of our 80 members of staff, including extensive in-house workshop facilities that ensure all vehicles are maintained to the highest standard, we continue to provide our customers with both performance and reliability in all our operations.